NHC is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors, this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
1. Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views).
2. Information that you provide to us for subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
3. Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
1. Administer the website.
2. Send you email notifications, which you have specifically requested.
3. Send to you our newsletter where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
4. Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
1. To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
2. In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
3. To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
International data transfers
Personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted (using SSL technology).
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.